Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Return of the SL-68II

INTERNALLY ARE SAME! If you still have your Gen 1, Get Yours Parts Now!



Greetings from Tippmann:

We are not sure you were expecting this, but the SL-68 II is back! Tippmann is reintroducing this paintball legend with a few modern updates, including a redesigned integrated feed neck that fits most standard hoppers now on the market, as well as a redesigned ergonomic grip for enhanced comfort and control.

We didn’t make a lot of changes to the original design of the SL-68 II because – quite frankly – Denny Tippmann, Jr. did not feel that was necessary. We see this appealing to the growing number of players who are looking to have fun while shooting less paint in a day as well as those ‘purists’ or ‘old-school’ paintball players who really fell in love with this game using the original SL-68 II. Although this is currently a limited market, it does appeal to those hard core players and it may provide some fields and dealers a new way to play the game by offering a game using less paint. This marker will also be promoted on all major web sites, on our social network sites, be shown at all major paintball events including the Tippmann Challenge coming up later this month, and be available to paintball teams using pump markers.

Here are just a few of the comments we have received from a small test group of players who recently saw the release of the new SL-68 II:

“I've been a fan of this marker since I started playing paintball. I will, to this day, borrow my brother's well worn SL 68II and play pump when I haven't got the funds to dump into playing with a faster marker all day. I love this thing, and I am extremely glad that you guys have decided to bring this back”.

“Please hold on while I pick my jaw up off the floor. I certainly didn’t see that one coming, and I imagine most other folks will feel exactly the same way. I know for me personally, the first game of paintball I ever played was using a rented SL-68 II. I also remember the day of near-mourning on the forum when the discontinuation of the SL-68 II was announced.”

“Holy crap!!!! That's all I can say! I didn't expect this at all, that is so, so, so cool. I'm sure this will have a huge positive response. I've always wanted an SL-68 II and never got my hands on one.Amazing work these days, I'm very impressed”

As stated above, the new SL-68 II still has the same great features that helped establish the original as a true paintball legend. These features include an 11-inch performance barrel; a breech port for easy cleaning; an all-metal trigger; an external velocity adjustor; a built-in sight rail; an integrated tank adapter with built-in gas line and front and rear sling mounts.

Thanks as always for your support; we look forward to an exciting launch.


MAP: $169
Used: $80-100

No comments: